A787 Type 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6
Valmont Tubing produces round electric resistance welded (ERW) metallic-coated carbon steel mechanical tubing to ASTM specifications A787 Type1 (aluminized), Type 2 (galvanized), Type 3 (hot-dip galvanized), Type 4 (galvannealed) and Type 6 (zinc-aluminum-magnesium alloy coated). Produced in sizes ranging from 1.05 inch OD up to 12.75 inch OD and in nominal wall thicknesses beginning at 18 gauge (0.049") and heavier, Valmont's ASTM A787 tubing is used in a variety of agricultural, industrial, transportation and industrial-related end uses. For a complete listing of sizes produced, please visit our Steel Tubing Product Catalog.
- ASTM A787 covers carbon steel grades starting at 1008 up through 1021. Please visit our Finishes & Chemistries page for a listing of our standard chemistry capabilities.
- As a standard, Valmont applies a recoating of the weld seam area after welding for types 1, 2 and 4. If no recoating of the weld seam is requested, please provide that information at time of quote and order placement.
- Physical testing (yield, tensile and elongation) is not required under A787. If there is a specific strength requirement for your application, please be sure to include at the time of inquiry as that will affect the chemistry required.
- Flash control of the ID weld bead is discussed in section 7.1 to 7.1.3 of the specification. Valmont produces tubing to flash control 0.015" maximum, 0.010" maximum, 0.005" maximum and flash in.
- ASTM A513 is a related mechanical tubing specification that covers non-metallic coated carbon and alloy steel tubing. Please refer to the ASTM A513 page for more information.
- For more detailed information on the A787 specification and to purchase a copy, please visit the ASTM website.
Please contact one of our knowledgeable sales staff members, who will assist you with any further questions regarding this specification or with your specific tubing requirements.